Mauritius is an island country and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations thanks to numerous and beautiful sandy beaches. The coast of Mauritius contains about 160 km of beaches and it is very difficult task to say which the most beautiful beaches are. After a long thinking, we conclude that these beaches bellow are must see if you are taking Mauritius Holidays.
1. Blue Bay beach is definitely one of the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius. It is one of the longest beaches and that is why is popular at weekends. During the week you can enjoy more, because you can have more space for yourself. Soft sand and crystal blue water are also the reasons of Blue Bay beach popularity. For all snorkeling lovers, this is the ideal place.
2. Roches Noires beach is situated in the North Eastern Coast of Mauritius Island. The location of this beach guarantees calm water. It is ideal beach for swimming lovers, and white powder sand is ideal for sunbathing and walking along the beach. Nearby the beach there are several restaurants which offer great home cuisine. Enjoy!
3. Flic-en Flac beach, Dutch for Free and Flat Land, is located near the capital city of Mauritius, Port Louis. Ideal beach for sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling. It is also sandy beach, and you can enjoy here in one of the most beautiful sunsets. During the holiday season, this beach can be overcrowded. It only shows how popular it is.
4. Tamarin beach is not an ideal place for quiet vacation, but that is why this is excellent place for surfers. The sea is a little bit rougher here because there is no reef to protect the bay. Even the Tamarin beach isn’t very popular among beaches, it is worth of visit. It is located near the mountains (the rest of the volcano) and forest, so the nature lovers can enjoy exploring.
5. Péreybère beach is definitely one of the most popular beaches in the world. It is favorite beach among young people and you can really have fun if you come here. All kinds of sand games are present. The water is deeper here than in other beaches in Mauritius, and that is why the water is more beautiful and clear, ideal for snorkeling.