Australia is one of the most interesting countries to visit and it offers a lot of unique places to see, it also offers unique culture and nature. The entire territory of Australia, from the islands near the mainland, across the desert areas with wild nature and unique animal species, to the urban parts of the country, is magnificent and fascinating. The list below is gives you top 10 Australian tourist attractions. List is subjective thing
- Sydney is the largest and most populous city in Australia and offers a lot of interesting tourist locations. The most famous is, off course, Sydney opera house. It is designed by the Dutch architect John Utzon. Tourists are allowed to see the backstage and the front of the house. Beside the Opera house, other tour destinations are the Hunter Valley Wineries, Harbour Highlights Cruises, Jenolan Caves, the marine aquarium at Darling Harbor and many others.
- Perth is the city with a wide range of attractions from a sight-seeing, wildlife, aquatic fun and adventures to Aboriginal culture and dance. Attractions that should be seen in Perth are: Perth Zoo, the Perth Mint, Stirling Gardens, Lake Monger, the Art Gallery of Western Australia, Western Australian Museum, Concert Hall, Cultural Centre, His Majestys Theatre…
- Tasmania is the place where you can go to take a break of the fast urban life. It is very unique place for holiday, and the nature and wilderness are inseparable. The reasons for visit Tasmania can vary… From rich Tasmanian history and culture, spectacular beaches to the mountains and lagoons. Tasmina is widely well known for its wild life and beauty.
- Fraser Island is the world’s largest sand island. You can call it hidden natural treasure. It is host of an endangered species of wild dogs, Dingos, and several types of fish found only in Australia. With the beaches that looks like haven, it is very popular holiday destination for people all over the world.
- Kakadu National Park is declared as one of the World Heritage sites in Australia. Stretching for more than 200 km south from the coast and 100 km from east to west, Kakadu National park has a rich wild life and native plants. It is also home to about 500 Aborigines.
- Uluru is the largest monolith rock in the world and it is one of the greatest world natural wonders. Uluru is considered to be an ideal activity at sunrise and sunset; it is the time when the range of colors across the red rock is available, changing in fascinating patterns.
- Cairns is the main entry point for Great Barrier Reef visits. Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef in the world. It stretches about 80 million acres along the North East Australian Coast. It is home to some of the world’s rarest sea organisms and here you have opportunity to see them and observe them.
- Kangaroo Island is a small and peaceful place. Here you can be close to wallabies, goannas, koalas, kangaroos, echidnas, dolphins, sea lions, penguins, fur seals, eagles, whales and ospreys. Sounds very interesting, don’t you think?
- Adelaide is one of the best planed cities in the world and offers a lot of attractions. It is ideal place to get away, but in the same time offers interesting night life. Close to Adelaide are the Adelaide Hills with national parks and reserves. About one hour from Adelaide is the Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale wine regions.
- Jamison Valley is famous for its wonderful cable car tour. The Valley has a picturesque landscape that attracts thousands of local and foreign tourists a year.
As we said Australia has lot to offer and these places are only part of thousands and thousands of Australian attraction… Some will say these places are not the best of Australia, but as we said on the begining this list is subjective… Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Here is gallery with bunch of images from mentioned places, enjoy .